Author Topic: June Match  (Read 3153 times)

Tombstone

• View Profile
June Match
« on: May 19, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »
Doc and I talked over the weekend and we want to hold our June match. There are a lot of conflicting reports about this virus but the ones that cover outdoor transmission seem to be pretty consistent. There is very little transfer outdoors as long as we keep social distancing. (what ever the heck that is)
My question is, who else would like to get out and play on the 13th?

Jackalope, I don't know if you are getting out yet or not but I will be glad to take care of set-up and running the match but I really do not write that good of stages. If you would be willing to write the stages or let me have a few from the past we will offer a match.

TO will need to ware a mask or bandana and we will need to be aware of distance but we shot at Copperheads last weekend and the social distancing did fall apart at times. I will have a hand sanitizer attached to the side of my cart that anyone can use.

If you are not comfortable getting out yet please don't, if you feel bad please stay home, if you want to shoot come on out.
What we need to know is how many folks will show up. If only a few we will only use one stage and drop targets as we go along, if we have enough for two posses will set up two bays and shot 3  stages on each.

We will have small posses to help with the distancing. Post if you are planning on coming so we will know how much steel to set.

I am tired of living in fear of what has quickly become a moving target. I fear my government and the power they seem to have acquired more than I fear the virus. 

John Kloehr

• View Profile
Re: June Match
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
As long as the weather is reasonable, I would like to join in.

I'm new and short on equipment. More of a need to learn than to throw lead. I might have a pair of revolvers by then.
Have all my guns, now need to learn reloading. Anyone want to volunteer to be my local mentor?
John Kloehr: https://www.kayempea.net/adds/kloehr.html

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »
Kitty Kat and I shot this past Saturday. We had fun, but It was difficult to shoot with a mask.

We will consider driving to Oak Ridge for a June match.

Cumberland Mtn John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 05:30:29 PM »
Hi All,

Would come if weather cooperates.

CMJ

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 06:54:48 PM »
Count me in. Shot last Saturday at TMM. Most had masks on but not while shooting, at least in my posse.
Keep our distance changing stages.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Sprocket

• 727-643-8294
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 11:55:52 PM »
barring the unforseen and acts of god I will be there

~Sprocket

Loco Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 11:47:48 AM »
You can sign me up.  I just hope I can remember how to.

Major Kettle Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 11:50:41 AM »
I'm in

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
Wish I could.  :-\

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 10:59:16 AM »
This is an interesting article about outdoor transfer of the  CV-19 virus or as I call it Bat Stew Flu. It might make a few folks feel a little better about getting out.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them?fbclid=IwAR0fjF6LC5iPoobwP3TeTfRwrq8T_v5d4idfLxdpa2QNxwqbILWLkehWvgg

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 12:30:16 PM »
Howdy,
I want to shoot the June match but will have to wait a while before committing. It's not just a matter of cov19 but also physical conditioning I've lost due to the gym being closed. I hope to return exercising next week.
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 07:23:28 PM »
I am very doubtful about attending in June, but I will wait to see what the data says.  Just in the last few days, 57 74 people have tested positive at the Monterey Mushroom faciiity in Loudon County.  As more places are opening up it seems like people are getting very lax and cavalier about protecting themselves and others with masks and distancing.  I had to go to Walmart today and I'd say less than 20% were wearing masks and people were standing around in groups talking.   It does not bode well in my opinion.  I hope I'm wrong.  Your mileage may differ.

AM

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 11:57:23 AM »
I've been venturing out several times a week.  On a recent trip that included WalMart, Lowes, and Petsmart, I saw very few masks, little social distancing, and large crowds.  None of the workers at Petsmart wore masks or gloves.
I'm wearing a mask when out and I'm careful about keeping my hands clean, but I seem to be in the minority.

The largest concentration of Covid cases in Hamilton County are concentrated in a neighborhood that is mainly populated by Hispanic immigrants and subsidized housing.  The county has sent teams to offer free testing in that neighborhood, but residents want no contact with anyone having anything to do with any government agency, even the Health Dept. 

Tennessee Snuffy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 09:34:07 PM »
count me in. 

Tennessee Snuffy

Outlaw Sam Bass

• Ain't nothin' better'n a fresh $20 gold piece!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
I will not be attending yet. I am seeing a rise in the numbers again. Although not extreme, the rise started about the time businesses were allowed to reopen. I have only been out a couple of times; but as Mongo related, those of us taking precautions seem to be in the minority.

For rose of you shooting,  be safe and enjoy!
Outlaw Sam Bass