Author Topic: Updated forum  (Read 4102 times)

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
Updated forum
« on: July 22, 2019, 07:43:25 PM »
After all the trouble we've been having with some people not able to access the forum, I upgraded the forum software to a new version.  When I did that, it caused problems with the old page layout, so I changed that too - to a more sophisticated one (code-wise).  I am hoping this might possibly help with the issues.  Please let me know if you are still having problems:  anita_margarita@ymail.com

AM

Ringer

• View Profile
Re: Updated forum
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:24:21 AM »
No problems here but I wasn't having them after the fix on the old one.

Don't care for this layout on the phone. Have to turn it sideways to read the text horizontally rather than vertically.  :o

Jim Mayo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 09:03:53 AM »
I am still experiencing issues with accessing the Forum Topics. I still have to back out and enter a 2nd time.

tyrel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »
No problems here but I wasn't having them after the fix on the old one.

Don't care for this layout on the phone. Have to turn it sideways to read the text horizontally rather than vertically.  :o

Go into your profile. Under Look and Layout, change to the Carbon theme.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
I am still getting the same message but I have not rebooted my computer yet. Not sure about the gray box and white lettering but I am adaptable if nothing else.

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »
Thanks tyrel.
You da man!

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 05:02:50 PM »
Yeah, Tombstone, I am not thrilled with some parts of it, but I was trying to find one quickly because the update seemed to cause problems with the old one, at least for me.  I will continue to look for a better theme or try to modify the some bits of this one (like the dark box/white type).

Tyrel and Ringer, Carbon was the old theme.  You may or may not have issues.  I almost deleted it!

AM

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 06:15:13 PM »
It works for me!

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 09:58:48 PM »
Not complaining at all. Love that you are the one working on this.
Thank you very much from the whole group.

tyrel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 07:19:51 AM »
@Anita, I understand. The Carbon Theme has been around a long time and probably not been updated. I'll poke around on SMF's theme site and see if I spot anything decent. If there's anything I can do to help just ask; although I haven't messed with SMF for a few years.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 09:06:36 AM »
Tyrel, I updated SMF to 2.0.15 so I was specifically looking for a theme that was known to be compatible, hoping that it would help.  It seems to have solved the login problem for at least one person and there is one other person I have not heard from yet. 

Jim Mayo and Tombstone (and anyone else),  are you still getting the mod_security Not Acceptable error?  Mod_security has been disabled for both the website and the forum.  You could try clearing your browser cache.

AM

tyrel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 09:13:37 AM »
I'm logged in on my phone, but it won't let me log in on my laptop using Firefox.

tyrel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 09:22:16 AM »
Anita, I managed to get logged in on FireFox now. I had to go into settings and allow cookies for http://www.oakridgeoutlaws.org.

Everything I'm reading suggests this is a mod_security setting within Apache in your hosting account.

Critr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 09:34:20 AM »
No problems here.
CRITR

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 03:29:17 PM »
I am still getting the same error message but I have cookies disabled. I will go in and give Tyrel's suggestion a try.