Author Topic: It's about to be that time again !!!  (Read 3783 times)

Tio Don

• View Profile
It's about to be that time again !!!
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:54:47 PM »
 ;D YES! Cowboy & Cowgirls , Come March 5th Marshall Andy will have his first call in show .
      And as The Marshall & Gene have done in the past .They are asking us to man the phones
      again for them . WE have time I know but AGAIN IT'S MARCH 5th , THAT'S the first weekend
     MORE IMFOR. LATER

TIO DON    Time to be there 0830-0900 On the AIR AT 1000-1030

OK,here's more imfor. like I said I be giving . I'm told that Marshal Andy is again in not good
         health, this is from Gene who is on the show with him.
      Anyway,there will be T-shirts,drinks,biscuits & gravy,donuts & you ask where is all this going to
         take place at ?????? The northeast corner of Magnolia Ave & Myrtle St.
      Now,DON'T forget you also get to watch a good Cowboy Movie.

Who Know's How Much Longer Marshal Andy Will Be Able To Do This ? SO,WE DO IT FOR HIM !

Well,next Sat. at 0900 I hope to see a few of you'll at the TV station address again on the corner
      of Magnolia Ave & Myrtle St. parking is in back of the station. THE BISCUITS & GRAVY are on the
      MARSHAL ,,,          Tio
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:35:12 PM by Tio Don »

Keystone

• View Profile
Re: It's about to be that time again !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »
Howdy,

I have participated in several of these events to help fund Marshal Andy's "Riders of the Silver Screen" on PBS. It is a way to give back and keep Saturday Morning cowboy films alive on TV. It only takes a few hours and you get fed breakfast before the show, get to meet Marshall Andy and listen to some good old cowboy music. You can dress up in your cowboy finest including firearms.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 05:59:08 AM »
Howdy Pards & Pardettes,

Hope you can help with the telethon for Marshall Andy. I can't this year. There is a need for at least 5 volunteers besides Tio. Let Tio know if you can help keep Marshal Andy & Riders of the Silver Screen on the air for another season.

Thank You, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »
We are looking for some volunteers that can man the phones next Saturday at the PBS fund raiser. we have been involved in this effort for years and it is a lot of fun to be behind the scenes.
We dress our best and you can go healed if you would like, they serve breakfast and have drinks available for the volunteers. If you are willing and able to help please let Tio or myself know. We need at least 6 folks.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 07:51:10 AM »
It used to be easier to get volunteers out of this club but now it looks like we have little interest in helping out our friend Marshall Andy. Who else is willing to give a few hours on Saturday morning to help keep PBS on the air. How many times do you think you can wear guns on PBS anyway?

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »
Howdy Tio,

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll be glad to volunteer.  I've done it in the past.  It is for a worthwhile cause and we have fun doing it.

ALSO, in Sunday's Sentinel, there was an article about a new book Marshall Andy has written, "THE KNOXVILLE COWBOY".

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
I sent an email to get a price and availability for the book.  I'll let you know when I get the info...Sam Buca

El Carrera

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 08:42:07 PM »
Shooting Sue and El Carrera will attend. Shooting Sue can help on the Phones. You don't want me on the phones,I will mess things up. But I will there to stand around I look like a cowboy. 

Ranger Z

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »
I'm planing to be there. Not sure I'm eloquent enough to use a talking machine but in the past they had me running messages.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 08:16:42 AM »
Thanks to everyone that has jumped in on this. Tio is heading up our end and I know he has a list of volunteers.

Tio Don

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »
  I want to THANK ALL that have answered the call on here & the ones that have txt me.
  With all of these we will have a really good showing,I was told that there maybe only one
   of these this year.
                             TIO DON

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 10:33:20 AM »
Tio , I do plan to be there after all, I have the morning free.

Tio Don

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 05:32:18 PM »
 Well,it's all over ! I'm not sure how the numbers were to last year,if I were guessing I would say ?
   It wasn't as good as last year,but that's another story.
 Our STORY is GREAT I want to give a GREAT BIG COWBOY THANK YOU TO El Carrera
                                                                                                                        Shooting Sue
                                                                                                                         Sam Buca
                                                                                                                          Horse Doc
                                                                                                                     Apploosa Honey
                                                                                                                         Ranger Z
                                                                                                                        Tombstone
                                                                                                                         Sister Sarah
I do think all had some fun,the two hours went by very fast,the eats were
great ,some of the best gravy around.
   AGAIN THANKS TO ALL THAT  ANSWERED THE PHONES YOU MADE IT HAPPEN !!!
                                              TIO DON

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 08:00:54 AM »
Tio, A BIG thanks AGAIN to you for organizing this event again for us to honor Marshall Andy...Sam Buca