Username: Password:

Author Topic: Getting Started  (Read 55 times)

Toklotursa

• View Profile
Getting Started
« on: February 13, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »
I am just getting started looking for pistols in 44 mag.

Keystone

• View Profile
Re: Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:23:57 AM »
Howdy & Welcome,

Do you no which model/manufacturer of pistol you want? There are several to choose from. I hope you have had the opportunity to handle various models. If not, go to a local match or check out local firearms dealers to see which pistols best fits your hands and style of shooting. The Oak Ridge Outlaws next monthly match is March 10th. The setup will probably be on March 4th and is weather permits a weekday match on March 6th. Look forward to meeting you. As Marshal Andy says, "If you don't wear a white hat, wear a smile so we can tell you from the bad guys."

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Support your local Jedi Gunfighter

Toklotursa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 03:58:13 PM »
At this point I am not real picky. What do you have?

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:36:05 PM »
Howdy,

Don't have any pistols for sale. Most shooters shoot 44 or 44 special ammunition at reduced loads and not 44mag ammo. How pistols fit & feel are really important in the long run. Unless you intend, like most of us have learned, to spend a little extra time carefully selecting pistols or.....keep buying pistols until you get the correct fit/fell. Hope you find your pistols.

Hasta Luégo, Keystone
Support your local Jedi Gunfighter

Jackalope

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 08:55:29 AM »
Are you committed to 44 caliber or open to 38 or 45?
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017

Toklotursa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
Open to 45.  38/357 rifles are either hard to come by or expensive.
I would be open to 38/357 rifle if the price was right. I am avoiding Henrys I have too many bad reports on them.

Toklotursa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 04:16:08 PM »
Howdy,

Don't have any pistols for sale. Most shooters shoot 44 or 44 special ammunition at reduced loads and not 44mag ammo. How pistols fit & feel are really important in the long run. Unless you intend, like most of us have learned, to spend a little extra time carefully selecting pistols or.....keep buying pistols until you get the correct fit/fell. Hope you find your pistols.

Hasta Luégo, Keystone

I reload my ammo so I can adjust the loads.

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 11:53:22 PM »
I would recommend a pair of .357 revolvers. Second choice would be .45 LC.  If you are determined to shoot .44 mag, I have a very nice Ruger 50 anniversary .44 mag Blackhawk 6 1/2" that I would be willing to sell.  It's like new in the box, but it might be hard to find a second identical pistol.