Author Topic: RO-I Class at ORSA  (Read 4428 times)

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
RO-I Class at ORSA
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
At the match yesterday, Last Kiss announced an RO-I class to be given at ORSA.  I believe she said it will be on Sunday afternoon, October 8th.  I'm sure she will correct this if I misunderstood.   

This class covers the SASS rules with their myriad nuances and clarifications, etc. and is a very important class for every cowboy shooter to take (and for veteran shooters to re-take as there have been significant changes over the last couple years and it is important for everyone to be current).   

You get a RO-I Pin from SASS when you take the class.  Please, if there is a way you can fit this into your schedule, come join in.

AM

Fast Harley

• View Profile
Re: RO-I Class at ORSA
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:01:43 PM »
SET-UP ON OCTOBER 8TH WILL BE AT 12:30

RO I CLASS WILL BE AT 1:30, weather permitting, at the pavilion on the AP range.

In order to accommodate the RO I class on set-up day, Anita and Jackalope  have graciously offered to move set-up to 12:30, rather than 1:00, in order to afford a little extra time for class. Thank you for making this change!

I would like to encourage everyone who's not taken an RO I class to come join us. It is important to your understanding and enjoyment of the game to be informed.

I would also like to encourage those who have taken a class in the past to participate. If you are already RO certified, there is no cost to take the class, and you are not required to take the test at the end of the class- although you can if you like.

Cost of the class is $10.00.

Please bring a pen or pencil, and you may want to bring a highlighter to mark important items in the handbook.

Depending on the number of participants, seating may be an issue so you may want to bring a chair or two with you.

The class will last at least 4 hours, so please plan accordingly. Feel free to bring snacks and water, etc with you according to what you feel you will need.

Please fell free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Last Kiss ( 'cause Harley was already signed in)

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:45:45 PM »
Well,

I sure could use a refresher. Much has changed since I first took RO I & RO II. I try to keep up with the rule changes each year. Hope to be there.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 09:22:30 AM »
Howdy,

Setup should go quickly as we are only setting targets on three stages and using minimal number of targets. It would be good to get a head count on attendees. Please let us know if you will be attending the RO-I course.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »
Put me down for the RO class.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 06:32:14 PM »
Unfortunately I am out of town on the 8th.  I would really like to take this course, if there is any chance of a repeat down the road, I would be happy to attend.

Thanks to all involved for providing this opportunity

Sheriff L.
Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 04:37:51 PM »
Longshot Luther will be attending the RO-I course.

Keystone

Jackalope

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 05:37:46 PM »
El Paso Slim will be there.  Half Cocked Kaylee is undecided...
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »
I want to take the class. It's been too long since I've been out to the range, I'll need all the help I can get.  I took the class a looong time ago so a refresher will be good.  Last Kiss, thanks for doing this...Sam Buca

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:28:07 AM »
Are there others who will be attending this class?  I plan to audit.

It is important to know the rules and their interpretations.  Taking the class does not mean that you have to start running the clock.  But it will help you to apply the rules correctly when spotting and observing (because "everyone is a safety officer"). 

We don't get an opportunity to take this class very often, so please attend if at all possible.

AM

Jim Mayo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 07:39:21 PM »
I plan on attending and will supply my own manual.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 09:20:08 AM »
Here is a question that was on the SASS Wire this week:

------------------------------------------------------
Stages say shoot pistol targets in a particular order, then shoot rifle targets with a 5 target sweep of 1,1,2,3,4,5,5,4,3,2

shooter finishes the pistols, then shoots 2 rounds on pistol targets, third round on target 1,2,3,4,5,5,4,3

2 misses and a P?
------------------------------------------------------

If you cannot confidently answer this question and explain why, you need to be in the RO Class on Oct 8.

AM

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »
I knew the answer when I saw it on the SASS forum, and I still need to take the course again. Everyone needs this one.

Pine Ridge Kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 09:04:11 PM »
Pine Ridge Kidd and Double Barrel Candy plan on being there

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
Yesterday, Long Wolf said he and Henrietta plan to attend.  I heard from a couple of others who are tentative.  Hopefully they will post here when they decide.

AM