Author Topic: Various Thoughts and Cogitations  (Read 6103 times)

Keystone

• View Profile
Re: Various Thoughts and Cogitations
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 07:31:19 AM »
Well,

DNA Test, so easy a caveman can do it.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 11:37:28 AM »
If a snake could wear a shoe, would it be left one or a right one?
(And, would it be a flat, a heel, or a boot, maybe?)
Hey, it's raining and I can't work outside.
Harley.

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
Disclaimer: The following has nothing to do with CAS except a Modern Day Cowboy was witness to it.
While working outside, nice day, in early afternoon, I became aware of a strange noise, growing louder.
I ignored it at first, but soon I paused to observe more closely. I saw a living tornado extending from
ground level to very high in the sky. It was a swarm of wild bees, a virtual miracle in today's world. I
thought that they were so numerous as to darken the heavens, but soon noticed that just above them
was an errant cloud of the usual kind. As it was there were many hundreds if not thousands of them.
I believed that they would pass on but to my surprise, they began to congregate very near to me. Not
seeming to be very aggressive, I stayed close to see them finally come to rest and slowly become calm.
And so they remain.
I am proud to have seen these bees, wherever they may be traveling, because bees are now so endangered.
I have read that if all the bees in the world died, every living thing has 4 years to live.
I hesitate to use the word hope, but I imagine I saw hope, first hand.
I will not say where they temporarily reside, as I don't want them to experience any human interference.
All good blessings upon them!
Harley.

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »

It seems that here at home we have a Plague o' Skunks! Not that unusual for us to see them
but getting out of control.
L.K. smokes outside and does kindle, tablet, smart phone or whatever those gadgets are. She
gets absorbed in all that. Sometimes I find her without the porch light on. I told her just last night
the skunks would bite her toes. Sure enough, later, a little skunk crossed her foot. Not long after,
she found herself in the middle of an argument between an adult skunk and a raccoon over cat
food. Still later she looked down and had a skunk sitting at her feet. Yep, I told you so!
Today, just before 11:00 am, I saw a skunk happily eating under the birdfeeder!
Anyone else having critter adventures? So many skunks, etc., before the eclipse might be an omen.
Harley.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 10:07:54 AM »
Tell Kiss not to reach down without looking and skritch the "kitty's" ears!

A herd of deer came through the yard yesterday.  We have deer all the time, but this group had a buck with some pretty substantial antlers, a spike, two does and two spotted babies. Cute.  Luckily they were not eating my flowers or I might have had to scare them off.  :-\

Otherwise, we have seen some turtles in our yard and one skunk a couple months ago.  And we did see our pair of bald eagles a couple times.   No gang of vultures landing (and pooping) on our roof and deck like last year and we are not infested with groundhogs like previous years either.  The next-door neighbor cat has taken care of our vole problem too!

That's the Ten Mile nature report!

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 10:25:33 AM »
I guess it could get more interesting as time goes on since one of our
cats is black and about skunk sized!
F.H.

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »
Have not had any problems so far this year. I put a solar motion light in the backyard, praying it may keep the polecats away. ::) One of the dogs got sprayed last year in Sept. Remember it well. First night back home after Kathy's second hip replacement. No sleep at the hospital the night before so we were in a dead sleep. Around 3:00 AM the dog came into the bed room smelling of that delightful odor. :o I have never woke so fast in my life.  >:(
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »
Regarding the upcoming eclipse.
While it will indeed be a once in a lifetime experience for most of us, I have never seen such
mania this has spawned.
Rumors abound, from impossible traffic jams, runs on grocery stores, gasoline shortages, cell
phone outages, dangerous eclipse rays, and dire emergencies.
In our own little town, businesses selling food that have nothing to do with food, space-themed
outdoor movies, t-shirts, costume contests, a command post for emergency services near here,
hospitals on alert, all available police on duty, etc.
Why, the liquor store is having special events, food, and cotton candy!
I don't think it would be much different if we knew the mothership was coming.
Harley.
Be safe!

Jim Mayo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »
Beam me up Scotty!