Author Topic: Reunion Match Reflctions  (Read 2419 times)

Keystone

• View Profile
Reunion Match Reflctions
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:05:30 AM »
Pretty darn good day to be a cowboy action shooter!

The cool morning eased into a comfortably warm day. Down on his luck Bob though listed in critical condition, with many attempts to give him aid, has survived and will undoubtedly make an appearance after a time of convalescence. Pete is receiving counseling after unexpectedly being placed in the middle of a gunfight. His prognosis is favorable. I suspect that even after all the attempts to eradicate the gophers some may have escaped and are seeking to reappear when least expected.

It was fantastic to see Yakima Cannutt, Tn Hawk, Owlhoot Hardin & Preacher Red on the range. Of course, the presence of Last Kiss after a loooong absence while recovering from hand surgery was most welcomed.The spirit of cowboy comradery was wonderfully shared by all. It was a pleasure to see family members joining in the festivities, especially the womenfolk. I surely got my quota of hugs for the day and then some. We had three SMSS charter members in attendance, Yakima, Owlhoot & River Jordan. Though SMSS no longer conducts matches they are a cosponsor of the Reunion and paid for all the beverages and 1/3 of the food cost.

The success of any event is dependent upon the workers/volunteers. It began with Jackalope and Anitas leading role for the stages, scenarios and props, what a fantastic job. Thanks to the setup crew, most of whom show up every month. Honorable mention to Cactus Red, Tombstone, Dang Nabit Deb, Tio Don & Last Kiss for their assistance.

Thanks to all who supported the 2017 Reunion. Hope y'all had a swell time and will mark the second Saturday of April 2018 on your calendar.

"Until next time, if you don't wear a white hat, wear a smile, so we can tell you from the bad guys." (Marshal Andy)

Hasta Luego, Keystone

PS We had two first time shooters, Miss Roxie & Duke, YEEHAA!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 08:13:36 AM by Keystone »
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Tombstone

• View Profile
Re: Reunion Match Reflctions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »
That was a really fun match, thanks Jackalope and Anita Margarita for the stages and props. The social interaction afterwards is always great. Thanks everyone for joining us and making this reunion a success.

Thanks Keystone for all your hard work.

Lightning McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »
A great fun day on the range. I know how much this sport really means to me and many folks and it was well writte, fun well executed match and thanks to our fearless leader Keystone who took everything to heart and work very hard to make this match one of the best. I had a great day and saw many old friends and enjoyed every bit of it. I know when I got home I was worn out from all the fun. Until next month, and next year Ya Hoo and thanks,

LIghtning McCoy, ps thanks to Tombstone for helping me run the posse and to my other Pards for there assistance at today's event. Great Posse! 👍👌

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 02:39:29 PM »
I have at times been worried about the health of our annual Reunion Match but it seems to be alive and well.
Great turnout, great weather, great to see old friends, (and meet new ones,) great food, great shooting match.
Wonderful job by all involved.
Harley.

Judge Duncan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 04:28:19 PM »

Boy, did I have a great time!!!

Special thanks to my brother Jackalope and Anita for a fun old school type match. We don't get much of that anymore. I'm just glad we didn't have to shoot out of a bathtub.
Also, thank y'all for letting an old wore out cowboy spend the night in the bunkhouse.

My absolute favorite part of the day was seeing Last Kiss and getting the BEST HUG EVER!!!!!

Thanks Keystone and  acts for the grub and refreshments.

I try to make them all and they are more fun every year.

Waimea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 04:48:30 PM »
Now that the secret is out you may have a visitor from Florida in April 2018.

Waimea

Turkey Creek Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »
Jackie and I had a great time. It is really good to be back. I want to thank Keystone, Jackalope and Anita Margarita and all that that put this great match together. Looking forward to shooting with the Outlaws  for the rest of the season.
  Turkey Creek Vic

Loco Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
I have to say I had a great time at the reunion. I love the old school stages, that's what got me interested in the first place. Was glad to see some of the people I hadn't seen in a while.

Judge Duncan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:07:41 PM »

Did anybody notice??

79 shooters on Saturday  and 23 were shooting Gunfighter of some sort.

That's a bunch!

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 09:44:12 AM »
A BIG Thanks to Keystone & Jackalope.  A GREAT match !!  It was worth coming out of hibernation for this  !! I had a Really good time.

Thanks again...Sam Buca

Outlaw Sam Bass

• Ain't nothin' better'n a fresh $20 gold piece!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 01:33:46 PM »
I didn't shoot worth a darn (as usual), but I had a great time. Thanks to all for the stages, the set-up, the food, the social, and everything else.

Outlaw Sam Bass
Outlaw Sam Bass