Author Topic: FS Lassiter Lightning "Race Gun"  (Read 1272 times)

TN Mongo

• View Profile
FS Lassiter Lightning "Race Gun"
« on: October 24, 2016, 01:13:13 PM »
I recently acquired a Pedersoli Lightning that was extensively worked on by Lassiter.  I has been converted to be slam fired like the Lightning he runs in competition.  The gun is as slick as can be and hasn't jammed at all in the almost 500 rounds that I have put through it.

If you run it correctly, it is faster than any lever gun out there.  For me that is the issue.  It has great potential, but I'm not willing to put the time into it to make it my main match rifle.  After 13+ years with lever guns, I'm not willing to make the change.

It's a 20" octagonal barrel in .44-40 with a blued receiver.  It's in excellent condition and only shows a minor bit of gun cart wear and features a custom made leather butt cover.  I'm just trying to get out of it what I have in it, $1400.  The original owner had a good deal more than that in the gun with the amount of work Lassiter put in it.  This rifle needs to be owned by someone that's willing to put it through its "paces."

If your more interested in a stock Pedersoli Lightning, I also have one of those that I have never fired in the same configuration only in a 24".  It's a very nice rifle that I may eventually get around to shooting, but it's sat in the gun safe for two years without being shot.  The right offer or trade could make me part with this rifle also.