Author Topic: Possible Shoot on May 9th  (Read 772 times)

Hackettps

• View Profile
Possible Shoot on May 9th
« on: April 24, 2020, 08:41:32 PM »
           Attention

ORSA and Action Pistol have said we can shoot  on May 9 th . 

The shoot will have some changes

Posses can have no more than ten members.  No Exceptions
No gathering or meeting at the Pavilion. Registration would be at the Pavilion and then immediately precede to your assigned starting stage.
Safety meetings will be held at each starting stage by the posse Marshals.
We will set up three stages so a maximum number of shooters would be thirty.

This is a match that each individual must seriously consider the risks of being exposed to the Corona Virus. Consider your personal health issues before you decide to participate.

We are going to be the first match held at The Action Pistol  range so I am sure eyes will be on us.  If the rules aren’t followed it might cause other groups to lose their ability to shoot.

I just need an idea of how many people want to try a shoot given these rules and the current health situation .

Please let me know if this is a shoot you want to try so I know if it is feasible .

Horse Doc

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
Re: Possible Shoot on May 9th
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »
Everyone will have to make their own decision on this, but I feel it is too early for me to be joining a gathering.  We have been very careful with our exposure for weeks now, only going out for essential tasks, wearing masks, etc.  Until the data shows that the virus is on its way out, I am going to continue being careful.

That said, I am really looking forward to shooting and to seeing you all again at some point!

AM

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 01:39:30 PM »
You would also have to insure social distancing in some other aspects of the match.

1. one person at a time at the loading table
2. one person at a time at the unloading table - check your own guns
3. no picking up brass or re-setting targets by hand
4. most importantly, BYOB at the range after the match - I'm not ready to go to the Mexican place yet

Ocoee Red

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »
Everyone will have to make their own decision on this, but I feel it is too early for me to be joining a gathering.  We have been very careful with our exposure for weeks now, only going out for essential tasks, wearing masks, etc.  Until the data shows that the virus is on its way out, I am going to continue being careful.

That said, I am really looking forward to shooting and to seeing you all again at some point!

AM
[/quote]

This
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:20:32 PM by Ocoee Red »

Cumberland Mtn John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 03:37:11 PM »
I'll think I will Skip this opportunity and wait for June to arrive
and then make the decision.

CMJ

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 03:49:59 PM »
As Anita said each will have to determine their own risk and the risk to those around them.
I have been out and about. Wearing a mask at times and gloves.
Should we think about any requirements to participate in the shoot?
Could be the first outlaw shoot. Everyone has to wear a face covering.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 03:51:45 PM »
Well, I'll have to give this some thought. Knox County with a population 465,000 has had 209 people test positive for the virus with 180 recoveries, 21 current cases, 7 still hospitalized & 4 deaths. My weekly trip to Walmart would seem to but me in as much peril. Not everyone shopping at Walmart wears a mask, though I do. With testing ramping up I expect the number of cases will increase. Just have to ponder it over.
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Purly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 04:32:34 PM »

AM

This again.

Outlaw Sam Bass

• Ain't nothin' better'n a fresh $20 gold piece!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 07:54:35 PM »
I have taken (and shall continue) a vow of solitude until this pestilence has been purged from our land. I shall not place myself in peril at this time. Outlaw Sam Bass
Outlaw Sam Bass

Trapper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »
I will shoot if the match happens .