Author Topic: Post on the Rangers Forum  (Read 757 times)

Fast Harley

• View Profile
Post on the Rangers Forum
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:52:18 PM »
There is a post on the Rangers website by Cherokee Slim. "Helping the Widow."
Just FYI if anyone can help.
Harley.

I do remember a Blacksmith Scott at Oak Ridge. Disappeared years ago, (we only know why now, I guess.)
Harley.

Tombstone

• View Profile
Re: Post on the Rangers Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »
This is the post from the Ocoee Rangers site.
Blacksmith Scott shot with us for about 6 months, he did blacksmith demos at Smoky Mountain Knife Works so he was tied up most Saturdays. He had a unique outlook on life and some very ecliptic guns. I do remember he had a 32-20 that he was proud of, it was the first one I had ever seen. It was an original I do believe.  Anyway, if some one can take this one I would really appreciate it, I will be tied up for the next 10 days or so and will not be able to do anything.

I was contacted via the Marauder website by Sandra Jaqua, widow of Scott Jaqua.  SASS alias may have been Blacksmith Scott, she isn't sure.  She is from Townsend, south of Knoxville.  She has found his gun cart, and maybe more that she would like to sell.

This would be a good opportunity for some of the cowboys from Oak Ridge maybe and in that area to go visit her and see how we can help encourage her.  Could someone from the Oak Ridge Club find a "pointman/woman" to followup directly with her? Please let me know what anyone does.

Cherokee Slim
((Emailed to Purly & Red and posted to both websites))

Her email is -

sjaqua@bellsouth.net

Here is what other information that I have gotten from her -

To: Richard Wagner <richwagner543@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 25, 2017 9:29 am
Subject: Re: Information request from your website

I'm in eastern TN, specifically, Townsend. His name was Scott Jaqua, not sure exactly for sure what his SASS name was, something like Blacksmith Scott maybe? He died just over 6 years ago, and we have 3 buildings full of "stuff" to go through, and that's after emptying a huge house and barn so far!
Thank you,
Sandra Jaqua

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 11:48:27 AM »
Dear Cherokee Slim,
              Thank you! I also have an original Colt revolver in it’s presentation case with it’s original cylinder and a modern cylinder so Scott could shoot it. I know they’re out of your group’s period, but there’s also a Dixie Gun Works reproduction Japanese matchlock, and a late 1800s flintlock dueling pistol, pattern welded barrel, silver wire inlay, and gold foil. I would most definitely NOT shoot this piece due to it’s age, but the matchlock has been shot several times and as we said “hella accurate!”. (These have always been stored in a climate controlled house) We still have 2 ½ out buildings to look through of “stuff”.
              Warm regards,
              Sandra J.

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
Howdy,

I've returned from vacation & will make contact with Ms. Jaqua and see what assistance she needs.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel