Author Topic: BORDERTOWN 2015  (Read 5145 times)

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
Re: BORDERTOWN 2015
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
Wow, these are some close targets!  Judge took these photos.  The second one is standing in the doorway in shooting position.

Long Gulch

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 08:51:39 PM »
Yep! Close. And the second row aint pistol or SG targets :o

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 10:10:32 AM »
Day one, crash and burn is all I can say for me, also for Whiskey Creek. Copperhead is still doing pretty good, Judge is doing well also. I had three misses on one stage due to targets that were not in play but were right in front of you. Also picked up two others along the way. Here 5 misses pretty well puts you out of the running.

The posse is running well, a little trouble with one of the TO’s but pretty sure I will get that straightened out today. There are more hip shooters (outlaws) this year than ever before but of course we all came together. Sassy Dancer is our posse leader and she is having a blast with us. Cinch is being Cinch and Cactus is being Cactus so we are highly entertaining if nothing else. Cactus shot an intentional procedural but the spotters did not call it, on the next stage (same targets different order) he did pick up the P but did not mean to. Kind of funny how Karma catches up to you.

Anyway, back to the range today for the second half, hope it goes better than the first half. Still trying to get a picture of the targets for Anita Margareta to post. Shoot today and awards tomorrow then off to the north Arizona area for a few days.

Hope all goes well at the shoot today.

Gulch, they have moved the SG targets out quite a bit. All the way out to the rifle targets. :)

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 10:36:14 AM »
Its all over but the crying. Second day was great. Weather is perfect out here. We are in the mid 40’s each morning but it climbs up to the low 70’s and is dry so it feels like the 60’s every day.

Last night the Town of Tombstone had a SASS appreciation night. Merchants stayed  open later and lots of folks in the street. Had a great dinner with the whole crew minus Judge and Yazoo. But I am pretty sure that is not what you all want to hear about.
12 stages, interesting strings of shooting, plenty of ways to shoot most stages, plenty of way to mess up. Doc shot clean, also Judge was clean on the match. They are the only ones of our group that were clean for the match. Cactus and I both shot clean the second day so that was a positive. I was 9th GF after the first day, may have moved up a slot or two but may not have either. Appalucy shot well and should get an award. Copperhead ran like a scalded dog and only had one bad stage so he will be up there, Iron Maiden ran like she always does and I would put my money on her at this point. Awards will be this morning local time. I am sure Judge will do an update if he has not already done so.

We are headed out after awards and heading North to Cottonwood for a few days so I hope to report a little from that area. But as for the cowboy world that is over today. I will sure miss it but of course I plan to be here next year and every year after if the good Lord wills it. My favorite place outside of East Tennessee. Of course it helps that they make me feel like an adopted son when I am out here.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 12:33:17 AM »
How about that group of Southerners.

Yazoo 1st place LFC
Appalucy 4th place LGF
Iron Maiden 1st place LD
Judge em All Duncan 4th place FCGF
Copperhead Joe 1st place BW
Tombstone 7th place GF
Ms Bo 5th LBW
Loose Cinch 10th place FCGF

The scores are posted on the Bordertown web page.

It was a great match that ran real well. Our posse was a great group of shooters. Many first place winners on our posse. The top shooters were incredibly fast and young. Tombstone was as much fun as always. I always hate to leave but alias I must come home and work a few more years.
We traveled to Cottonwood AZ today, and will be taking a train ride tomorrow, visiting Jerome and Sedona also. Do some motorbike riding. Let the ladies do some shopping. Lady T has been working so she is looking forward to poking around in some of the shops out here.

If anyone wants to attend next year we plan on coming out again, I know Creek and Joe made reservations at a new little B&B. Make you plans early, applications go on line March 16th and will have to be mailed on that Monday.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
Lady T and I got back Saturday night around midnight. After a scare with one of the dogs we drove straight through from Oklahoma City home. Good news from the dog front but the news did not come through until we were in Cookeville and I figured we could push on through on roads we knew. Dont really want to do that again but good to know it is possible.

After 7 days in Tombstone we traveled north to Cottonwood AZ for a few days and road the Verde Vally Train. Had 9 of us still at that point. In Cottonwood we arrived right after dark which is hell pulling a house on strange roads in the dark but we made it, Doc, Honey and Cactus came in about an hour later. Get set up, had a few adult beverages and pilled in for the night. Next morning I was up at daylight and walked up to the bath house and there was a small Diamond Back Rattlers dead in the road. We were the last ones in the night before so we had to be the ones that ran over it. Only about 14 inches long with a button and one rattle but still about 30 yards from us the night before.
Anyway, a few nights in Cottonwood, on to Santa Fe for a few days. Weather was bad, low in the high 30's high in the low 50's with heavy overcast and light rain. We did not bother to unload the bikes.
Few nights on the road and home. Cant wait until the next trip. When I retire figure I can do that for a month or so at a time. Course will have to sell the farm too so may be a while.

Hope to see everyone in Oak Ridge in two weeks.