Author Topic: Tenn. State Report  (Read 1246 times)

Fast Harley

• View Profile
Tenn. State Report
« on: October 11, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »
The Wartrace Regulators put on another well written, interesting, and well organized State Match.
The key to their success is hospitality. They are a friendly group. Thanks to all who had a hand in
this year's event.
Many of our locals stayed in various campgrounds, (heard that some had damage from Friday night's
storms.) Don't know any details.
Several of us stayed in a nice hotel in Manchester and had a good time, there.
Many trips to Bell Buckle Café, as usual, and they also have a new banquet facility which was used for
awards dinner. Seating was adequate and food was really good.
No rain on the match, weather near perfect. Some of our shooters did well, others like myself, not so
much. The stages were quite good so no fault there.
Some folks just seemed to be under a hoodoo, somehow. (Weird mechanical failures, and lots of brain
fades, etc.)
Looking forward to lots of Wartrace matches in the future.
Harley.
PS -Lots of us "cut the rope" with rifles on Thursday. Last Kiss was the only one to do it with the first shot
with a pistol!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:42:05 PM by Fast Harley »

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
Re: Tenn. State Report
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »
We were wondering how the weather turned out because the radar looked kind of ugly on Sat am.  Glad it turned out ok (...for the shooting anyway - Sorry to hear about the storm damage for campers).

Who are our state champs?

AM
~ Who is personally very familiar with Annual Hoodoo

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »
Branchwater Jack has posted the State champions list on the Ocoee Rangers forum.
Congrats to the winners.
Harley.
PS - Anita, have you seen the video by Dirty Nerdy on the Wartrace website? It would be a nice one
to link to the Outlaws, in my opinion. www.wartraceregulators.com/
(I don't mean the motion picture excerpt that this years match was based upon.)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:39:20 PM by Fast Harley »

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »
Here are the scores: http://www.wartraceregulators.com/scores/cowboy/20151010_Overall_state.pdf

And here is the list of TN state champions: http://wartraceregulators.com/2014State/pastChampions.pdf

Congratulations to Dodge City Dixie! 

Looks like quite a few of our locals did a good job: Cumberland Drifter, Cullen Bohannon, Lass Kiss, Mae Berry, Iron Maiden, Ocoee Red, T-Bone Angus, Widder and Tombstone all state champs and others like Hurricane Charly and Copperhead Joe way up there at the top of the scoresheet.

I look forward to hearing the stories....

AM

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:17:23 PM by Anita Margarita »