Author Topic: ORSA All Shoot March 30th  (Read 1242 times)

Hackettps

• View Profile
ORSA All Shoot March 30th
« on: March 15, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »
The ORSA All Shoot is on Saturday March 30 th. They are planning to have no more than 40 shooters.  A schedule is being worked on so we will know when our Cowboy stage will be shot.  The plan is to have the shooters shoot 45LC pistols , lever action 38 rifle and double barrel shotgun.  The ammo will be provided by ORSA.  I need at least six or seven volunteers to run the stage.  I would like to have three people that are comfortable running the timer.  The others can rotate as loading , unloading and spotters. There is a rumor that at least one Cowboy will be a shooter so we need to show our support of his efforts on the part of all Cowboys.  I am taking 45 pistols and 38 rifle. Carver Knife is bringing  a shot gun and pistols.  I would like to get three sets at least to make this go smooth and faster.  If Anita could come up with a stage and scenario for one stage ( I hope that doesn’t give the aforementioned Cowboy an edge!)  Let me know if you can help and I will let you know the schedule as soon as it is firmed up. This may interesting for anyone who wants to spectate!

HORSE DOC

Jackalope

• View Profile
Re: ORSA All Shoot March 30th
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:36:44 PM »
There was a rumor...but it's not gonna happen this time.

I'll be there to help out.

Once upon a time, the plan was for this competition to take place on Friday and Saturday.  Has that been scrapped?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:40:36 PM by Jackalope »
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

Carver Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »
The original plan was for the volunteers to shoot on Friday.  This was because it was anticipated that more volunteers would want to shoot.  Since that response wasn't a great as anticipated, the volunteers will shoot Saturday with the squads. 

I don't have a firm schedule as of yet, but I do know that any volunteers will be arriving first to AP so that they can help.  I would guess we are looking at around 30 shooters total- just don't know at this point.

ON A RELATED NOTE: I am having trouble finding Winchester Featherlight AA (Low Recoil/ Low Noise) shotgun shells.  Is there a secret source for these or another kind of shell people like shooting?  Also can't find STS Managed Recoil.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:48:21 PM by Carver Knife »

Buckshot Justice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 12:33:26 AM »
I have actually had great results finding the AA reduced/low noise loads at local Walmart locations.

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 08:05:36 AM »
As Buckshot said Walmart appears to be carrying the AA low recoil 980 FPS.  Lenoir City had a dozen or so boxes on their shelves a couple of days ago.

If you prefer on line, Rogers Sporting Goods has them in stock as of this morning.  Any order over $100.00 offers free shipping.

Sheriff L.
Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Carver Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 05:08:36 PM »
Thanks guys.  The ammo is purchased for the shoot. 

If any volunteer wants to compete, be sure and let me know.

Carver Knife