Author Topic: ORSA open house Many Thanks  (Read 556 times)

Hackettps

• View Profile
ORSA open house Many Thanks
« on: March 10, 2019, 08:22:06 PM »
I would first like to thank all those who came out to help!  This being the first such event , no one knew how many visitors would partake of this opportunity.  It may have been the weather but it was a great success.  The participants spent the first hour at a lecture and then were turned loose to visit the stages of the different pistol clubs. We were across from the pavilion and the rush seemed to be in our direction, but it never let up for over two hours.  We helped shooter after shooter try a hand at Cowboy Shooting. The first people left and others came then the first people came back because we had the “most fun guns to shoot.”  I did enjoy hearing the guys with the fancy automatics on their hips say those targets would be easy to hit.  They then tried shooting a single action only to hit the burm four or five times in ten. It was a great event that gained our shooting discipline some respect and interested some new shooters.  THANKS AGAIN !

Horse Doc

TN Mongo

• View Profile
Re: ORSA open house Many Thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 09:04:01 PM »
Great! New blood is always good,

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 03:59:11 PM »
It was a lot of fun. 

We had all ages step up to the line for the experience, because I was running the timer, yep they let me do that, I can witness that all of the participants appeared to thoroughly enjoy the process.

I know we have ORSA restrictions we have to abide to, however the more "open houses" that we can muster would, I believe, do a lot to perpetuate our sport.

Sheriff L.

Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Carver Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »
I just wanted to jump on and say "thanks" as well.  I'm not sure how many shooters we had, but I do know that "cowboys" was a big hit. I spoke to many happy people talking about how fun the event was.

Several people have suggested that we do something similar again, perhaps next year.