Author Topic: Stage Repair 4/19 4:00pm  (Read 2225 times)

Carver Knife

• View Profile
Stage Repair 4/19 4:00pm
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »
After talking to all of the "powers that be " that I can find,  I'm going to attempt repairing the stage where the porch has fallen in tomorrow afternoon.  (#3).  I hate the fact that it is in disrepair and just want to give a little back to the overall club.

I really don't think it will take more than a few  hours to remove the decking and see what is going on and make repairs.  If not, we can leave the caution tape up and fix it later this week.  (It won't be any worse than it is now).

If anyone would like to help, I will be there at 4.   

I have a couple of battery drills/ drivers and a chainsaw.  I think I've got a bottle jack sitting around and maybe a automotive floor jack. 

Tombstone

• View Profile
Re: Stage Repair 4/19 4:00pm
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
I have to go out of town tomorrow but I hope we have a few Cowboys that can step up and give Carver a hand. Redneckerson, myself and a few others built the porches way back when. So if we could get a few others to step up the club would really appreciate it.

Carver, I can bring you a battery operated skill saw that will cut through anything up to 2 inches thick.

Carver Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »
That might turn out to be very helpful (much better than my chainsaw at making good cuts).
Please text or call and let me know when and where I might meet you to borrow it.
Thanks.
Carver

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »
I heard that Carver has started work on stage one porch, he did not get it finished but got a good start on it. He is working alone but I am sure he could use some help if anyone is available, he is going back over this afternoon I think, (I am sure he will chime in here) if you can lend a hand please do. I am traveling and out of town of one more night so if anyone else can volunteer please come hold, hammer, saw or what ever he needs help with.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 10:08:59 AM »
Jackalope and I are in the thick of building stone retaining walls at Mom's house.  Otherwise we could have helped.

AM

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »
Sorry,

Already had a commitment.

Keystone

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:47:16 PM by Keystone »
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Carver Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 03:53:53 PM »
Update:
The fallen stage section has been repaired along with the middle section that was on the very verge of falling.    All that is left to do is screw down some new decking. I ran out of screws :).  I'm just going to do that and a few clean up items after work today- not much to do at all.

This was a fun project that I enjoyed doing. 

That said, I think that the stage may need further attention over the next few months. 

Carver Knife.

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 07:27:19 AM »
Howdy,

Would like to help but need more notice.

Thanks for your taking on this project. "Atta boy" Carver!

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »
Thanks so much, Carver, for your work on our usual stage 1.
I was once in the for-front of range work, but I have much too much going on with the home
front right now.
Thanks again,
Harley.