Poll

Allow relaxed dress for summer.

Allow cowboys to wear tee shirts or short sleeve shirts during the summer. (no shorts or tennis shoes)
7 (24.1%)
keep dress per SASS rules.
22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: October 13, 2023, 09:56:05 PM

Author Topic: Summer dress  (Read 405 times)

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
Summer dress
« on: September 16, 2023, 09:56:05 PM »
most clubs have started to allow relaxed dress during the summer.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Kid Ziggy

• View Profile
Re: Summer dress
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 05:29:09 PM »

I know ... this is a sensitive topic.  If you want young people ... ease up on the dress code.  Don't see any issue with short sleeves, or shorts, or footwear.  Match shirts are nice to look at ... check out any other shooting discipline. 

Just an opinion ... nothing to be offended by.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 09:12:10 AM »
It doesn't seem to me that wearing a t-shirt would make so much difference to comfort in the summer that it would be worth degrading the old-west ambiance.  Roll your sleeves up.  To me, the cowboy dress rules are part of what make CAS special.  So much of the other stuff that differentiated CAS has already been stripped away - use of props, etc.   It's a slippery slope.  If you start wearing T-shirts and shorts, then baseball hats and athletic shoes, it will just be 3-Gun with different guns, but no running around and no shooting on the move.  How is that more appealing to young people than just buying an AR and going to a 3-Gun match?

Fretless

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 09:00:13 PM »
I think Anita nailed it.  It's really not a hardship to wear SASS legal clothes

Ocoee Red

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 06:12:00 PM »
I personally don’t see anything wrong with wearing a t-shirt in June, July and August, I roll my sleeves up but the heat really bothers me during those high temp/humidity days

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 08:15:37 AM »
Btt
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp