Author Topic: June Match  (Read 3221 times)

Tombstone

• View Profile
Re: June Match
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »
John, I will bring some extra ammo and a rifle. You will enjoy it more if you have the full experience. I will bring any extra box of shotgun shells too, that is a safety issue so we want to make sure you have the right stuff to start with.

Long Gulch

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 02:24:53 PM »
Talked to El Paso Slim and he asked if I would post that he will shoot this Saturday and that he is bringing a new shooter. (guess I just did). He said that he has trouble posting.

Kid Ziggy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2020, 12:55:14 PM »
Have been playing in golf leagues, IDPA, and riding bicycles outdoors.   Don't know anyone who knows anyone that has gotten sick.  I'm in for Sat.

Talked with a doc about the face masks.   If a mask does not protect the person wearing it, then how can it protect someone else?   Masks are not one-way.  Anyhoo, the doc I talked to said the virus molecules are so small that they travel freely in and out of a mask.

Silverdust

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »
I am anxious to participate. . . But. Without a mask.

John Kloehr

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2020, 07:16:11 PM »
Confirming I am in. Was not sure but got a rental car today since none of my vehicles can drive at the moment.

I might not be able to stay all day but I will be there by 8:30 in the morning. I'm probably good to 4 PM.

I will be bringing:
  • My revolvers and ammo (all lead)
  • Barely adequate holsters
  • My lady's 12 GA shotgun (laugh with me as I try to open it) and ammo (subject to approval)
  • Bandolier for shotshells
  • Do not have a 1873 rifle. On order, but it (and ammo) won't be here for at least a week.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:18:05 PM by John Kloehr »
Have all my guns, now need to learn reloading. Anyone want to volunteer to be my local mentor?
John Kloehr: https://www.kayempea.net/adds/kloehr.html

Loco Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »
John I'll bring my 12ga double and my 92 rifle and some extra ammo. You are more than welcome to use if you like.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:40:23 PM by Loco Joe »

John Kloehr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2020, 07:51:17 PM »
John I'll bring my 12a double and my 92 rifle and some extra ammo. You are more than welcome to use if you like.
I think TN Tombstone is bringing extra gear for me too. Would love to try your 92 on a stage. John Kloehr used a '73 when he took on the Dalton gang, but I am taking liberties with the alias. For instance, I am not shaving my beard to look like him.

But back to shooting, I would love to get a stage time with a shotgun that does not need to be broken open over the knee  >:( And if there is a safe time and place (and without interrupting the posse flow) to look at my lady's gun, I would like some thoughts from any experienced slickers as to how I can make it break open easier. Beyond that, I can polish the chambers and I'm not good enough to have beveling the chamber entry make any real difference. As to the trigger, have not shot it enough to have an opinion on how bad it is. But having to break it open over the knee is not optimal  :-\

Also, for all in attendance, I want to look at belts and holsters. I have some I can use for a few matches, they are safe enough to use. But I might be spending several seconds holstering each sidearm before going to the next firearm. I have a thread on the national forum documenting my search. I have heard there are several local makers. If any makers are in attendance, come say hello. I'll be the new guy with the, um, basic holsters.
Have all my guns, now need to learn reloading. Anyone want to volunteer to be my local mentor?

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2020, 05:14:50 AM »
You guys have enough fun for me too.
I'll be home popping pills.  :o

Mister Badly

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2020, 08:32:40 AM »
Have fun guys and gals.  Ringer- popping pills? Recovery issues? Hate to hear that. Going to have a cyst removed from my left wrist early next month. 3 weeks in a splint. Good time  for some cross draw/duelist practice 8)
Outlaw Jedi Gunfighter #322

John Kloehr

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2020, 07:01:59 PM »
You guys have enough fun for me too.
I'll be home popping pills.  :o
I think I had enough fun for both of us, certainly more fun than any pill I've ever popped, and the docs have given me some good ones a couple times. Others seemed to have fun too!

I don't know you, but maybe we will meet in the next month or two.

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »
I'm sure we will John.
It will be my pleasure.  ;)