Author Topic: Calendar of Events for Oak Ridge Outlaws  (Read 1200 times)

Hackettps

• View Profile
Calendar of Events for Oak Ridge Outlaws
« on: February 08, 2019, 11:31:59 AM »
March 10th-ORSA is having an Open House for the public on the Action Pistol range from 2:00- 5:00.  All the member shooting groups will have a stage set up and volunteers to discuss that shooting discipline.  Cowboys have stage 3 or 1 as we call it. Since we shoot the day before we will just leave the stage up.   I will be there and need volunteers to come and practice on the stage as a demonstration and to explain our sport. Let me know if you are willing. 

March 29th& 30th - Carver Knife has resurrectied an old tradition at ORSA . The ORSA All Shoot. ORSA members can sign up to participate in a match involving modern pistol, shotgun and of course cowboy shooting stages. I would love to see some Cowboys enter and maybe try it all with our guns!  Friday is for the those working Saturday to shoot. I need four or five volunteers to work both days to run the Cowboyc stage.  I am excited to get a chance to see ORSA’s top shooters try a Cowboy Stage. Let me know if you can help.

April 13th-  No Voluteers needed just come and shoot at our Annual Reunion Match .  Food and Friendship to follow the match.

June 29th-  We are going to have a Charity Shoot.  I hope this begins an annual tradition.  We celebrate everything about the West  the people, the guns, the clothes but without the Horse it would have been a long slow walk . We are going to shoot stages where a Horse from the Westerns of Hollywood will be described and the line will be the Horse’s name. Jackalope wants to start you thinking by coming up with Matt Dillon’s Horse’s name. Money will go to Horse Haven Rescue. They do wonderful work saving abused Horses. Join us for a shoot, learn about the Horses we  all have watched for years and help Horse Haven.

September 21th-  ORSA IDPA held the State Championship for the last two years and it was to rotate to Memphis.  Memphis has declined so Oak Ridge has been called on to do it again.  They have a scheduling conflict and have asked us to Switch our second Saturday for their third Saturday. In the Spirit of the Cowboy and to help out another gun club we have agreed.  We will set up the week prior to the Third Saturday and shoot the Third Saturday.

That’s all I have .  I hear it whispered that we are a dying sport and maybe we are but it doesn’t mean we can’t have a Hell of a Good Time on the way out with our boots on and shooting !

Horse Doc

Jackalope

• View Profile
Re: Calendar of Events for Oak Ridge Outlaws
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »
I'll be glad to volunteer for the 10th, 29th and 30th of March. 

June is a little too distant for my radar, but I'll be there on the 29th if I can.

Jackalope

p.s.  I'm thinking Matt's first horse, not that big Palomino.
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 03:44:31 PM »
I hope to be able to help out at any of these events for which I may be needed.

Sheriff L.
Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 05:57:32 PM »
I may be able to help out on March 10th. Let me know if you don't get enough help.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Tio Don

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
TIO,Here,I'll be glad to help on the 10,29 & 30
 March will be a busy month let me know ???
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:44:33 PM by Tio Don »

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 01:15:53 PM »
I can help on March 10.
Sam Buca