Author Topic: After Shoot Watering Hole  (Read 4176 times)

TN Mongo

• View Profile
After Shoot Watering Hole
« on: August 13, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »
I love the room, but Swifty's Atomic Bar and Grill was no too swift today.  Sorry, but I call them like I see them.  They struggled to get us beverages out in a timely manner.  Kitty Kat waited 20 minutes for a diet Coke.  I had to make several trips to the bar to get adult beverages.  One well known shooter paid $9.00 for a very poor margarita.

We ordered one entree and it was a much smaller portion than we have had the last two shoots.  Also, there was a 35 minute (or more) difference in serving time for food between one section of the room and the other.

My tab was $15 more than it normally runs at the Mexican place.  I love the venue, but today rivaled the service we got at Logan's in Cleveland.  We haven't been back to Logan's for months.

Maybe someone can have a discussion with management, or we consider going somewhere else after the shoot.

Ocoee Red

• View Profile
Re: After Shoot Watering Hole
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
There was at least 32 of us there today.  No way only one waitress and a helper can handle that many people.

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »
Well, three of our pards,( always looking out for us all,) took watering hole management to task.
Just have to see what comes of it.
But yes. Service slowerrrrrr, portions smaller, prices higher. It's just so nice to have a room for ourselves.
More reason to realize why so many restaurants are so troubled in the modern day.
It's hard for a cowboy to find a place to rest his/her boots these days, and IT A'INT EASY BEING AN
OUTLAW IN TIMES LIKE THESE!
Harley.

Jackalope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 07:45:53 PM »
Service was marginal at best, and we were charged and "up-charged" for stuff we didn't order...AGAIN!

The food was pretty good, but considering the prices and service, I think we can find a better venue.  We have no desire to return to Swifty's.

Jackalope

Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 08:22:57 PM »
I was all for giving Swifty's a second chance when they were brand new because they seemed to be trying. But now that they have had three opportunities, I'm done with them. 

For the second time, they have added a couple extra beers onto our tab, but it was the margarita that reallly p'd me off this time.  When you order a standard margarita, you don't expect to get a $9.25 charge for Cuervo 1800 tequila.  I suspect they think they can sneak that kind of thing past you and make some extra $$, but that is not a sustainable way of doing business.

It took over an hour before they even took our food order.  There were more servers in the other room for a few tables than for our large group. I really wonder how long they will stay in business.

AM

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 08:40:42 AM »
Well,

I got to admit this visit to Swifty's was anything but swift. I can't blame the server, Leah, she managed the best she could but was definitely overwhelmed by our large group. My Shrimp & Fish Po Boy was tasty but seemed like the amount of fries was less than before. Seems like since the closing of Cancun's it has been a struggle to establish a new post match venue. It sure is great to gather after the match and I hope we can find a resolution.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

CACTUSRED

• Cactus & Bullet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 09:19:53 AM »
Howdy Pards
After a long discussion with Swifty's management....
I'd like to give them ONE more try.
They had lots of excuses on the poor service last Saturday and promise that will not happen again.
We do get lots of benefits with the private room and convenient location.
They have even committed to giving us the room all year (even during UT football season).

They are asking for suggestions on how to make it up to us and prove that they want our service.
Here's some choices:
Free appetizers
Free keg of beer
Drinks pre staged in room (Tea, coke, water, etc)

Your thoughts are welcome Pards.....

Cactus

Outlaw & Imperial Gunfighter

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 10:59:26 AM »
Happy hour prices on drinks would be good.   At the Mexican place a large Amber Dos Equis is under $4.00 and no more $9.00 margaritas.  Also, two servers for that big of group is ridiculous.

I thought the food was good the other times, but the portions were noticeably smaller last Saturday and it was a long wait for food.  Personally, as long as the beer is flowing, I don't care when the food comes.

I'm good with giving them another chance because I like the location.  One more bad service may be their demise, however. 

Jackalope

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 03:39:56 PM »
Another chance?

Someone will have to remind me why I would spend my money at a place where:

A)  Many of the menu items have ridiculously small portions and are way overpriced.  Ask Koda Joe about his six smallish shrimp for $15.99?  Ask Last Kiss if she got her money's worth of Pasta last Saturday.

B)  Service is poor.  Ask anyone who was there after the July and August matches.

C)  Shady charges show up on your bill.  Ask Anita Margarita what she thinks about bars that "upgrade" margarita prices and fail to mention it beforehand.

This was not a one-time occasion.  I have not seen good service there since our first visit.  Our bill was incorrect (overcharged) the last two visits.  And, I really don't think they've lowered their prices any.

Over half of Swifty's reviews on Yelp.com and Tripadvisor.com mention terrible service.

So remind me why I would spend my money for small portions, high prices, long waits, and get ripped off with the bill?

How many "one more chances" do they get?
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 08:21:51 PM »
Is there another place in Oak Ridge place to try?  The only thing I dislike about the Mexican place is the seating.

Outlaw Sam Bass

• Ain't nothin' better'n a fresh $20 gold piece!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 03:01:30 PM »
Hacienda DeGallado probably isn't too busy on Saturday afternoon to accommodate the group and I think they could get us into the back section (depending on the number). If notified, they would probably staff according to our needs. And, in my opinion, they make the best (top shelf) margaritas in Oak Ridge. If the group agrees, I'm willing to discuss this with the owner to see what can be arranged.
Outlaw Sam Bass

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »
Outlaw Sam Bass,

We normally went to Hacienda Degollado before we tried Swifty's.  I think they do a great job and the food and beers are reasonably priced. Others can comment if I am missing something, but I think the main issue was that the back area is sort of crowded(?) and/or maybe people are tired of Mexican food?  Not sure.  But this coming up Saturday the weather might be nice enough that we could sit outside. 

What are the opinions of others? What should we do this Saturday?

AM

Tearin up Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 09:45:05 PM »
Is Big Ed's Pizza too crowded on Saturday to accommodate our crowd?

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 08:07:41 AM »
I like the Mexican place.  Big Ed's pizza was a disaster when we went a few months ago.

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 06:59:02 AM »
Well,

The rear area of Hacienda Degollado has 26 chairs at tables. I guess we could start a lottery to determine who gets seated. :-) Food is okay and decent service.

I liked the dedicated area at Swifty's and the Po'boy fish & shrimp sandwich is quite good. But service was dismal.

Big ED's, well, not much to cheer about there after 2 or 3 visits.

Lamenting for the passing of Cancun's.

I suppose for me the choice would be Hacienda DeGollados.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel