Author Topic: 2021 UPS & DOWNS  (Read 188 times)

Keystone

• View Profile
2021 UPS & DOWNS
« on: December 31, 2021, 12:54:12 PM »
Howdy Pards & Pardetts,

No doubt 2021 was a year most of us would prefer not to repeat. We ended 2020 with the passing of Preacher Red (12-15-20) and began 2021 with the loss of Lightning McCoy (01-02-21). Along the way Rounder (04-12-21) & Papa Dave (09-20-21) joined the heavenly posse followed by TN Critr (12-24-21) ending 2021.We shall indeed miss all these folks. Vaya con Dios Amigos.

The Covid infection & limited shooting/reloading supplies hampered many shooters from participating in matches. However, we still managed to shoot 19 matches with 326 scored shooters. Several new names appeared on the score sheets. Some were new shooters & others were just new to the Outlaw matches. As best as I can figure the new & new to us were: Bogus Jim, Colonel Lefty, Dangerous Dago, Denny the Kid, Fox Creek Stitcher, Fretless, Granny Oakely, Indy Outlaw, JD Packis, John Kloeur, Napa Belle, Napa Sidewinder, Oso Grande, Popcorn Jim, Rowdy Weasel, Runs with Rattlesnake & Stovepipe Steve. Thanks for shooting with the Outlaws & we hope to see y'all throughout 2022.

Conducting Outlaw matches during 2021 needed support and by golly we got it. The setup posse showed up in strength every month with the usual suspects, Long Gulch, Long Wolf, Mister Badly & Uncle Ethan with assists from Horse Doc, Tio Don, Rowdy Weasel & Tearing up Jake. Anita & Jackalope kept us supplied with interesting and varying scenarios for both the Tuesday & Saturday matches, "And that's what started the gunfight". They also handled the scoring with the match report and maintained the website, muchas gracias. Thanks to Long Gulch for leading the Tuesday matches.

I appreciate the effort clubs 2021 officers; Anita, Jackalope, Steely & Tombstone to keep us on track & functioning though the Ups & Dows of 2021. They will all be serving again in 2022. Uncle Ethan will be the Outlaws Ramrod for 2022 (and maybe more  ;D). Thanks to everyone for your support & attendance during the Ups & Downs this year. Hope to see y'all in 2022.

Vaya Con Dios y Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
Re: 2021 UPS & DOWNS
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 01:48:48 PM »
Keystone you did a great job under trying conditions at times. We lost a lot of good friends over the last couple of years. I think as long as we stick together we will get through what ever is ahead.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 06:36:39 PM »
Keystone, well put, thank you for reminding us of our lost friends.

Ethan, glad you were not hurt. However, it sounds like you may not be looking at 2021 in your rear view mirror.

Mister Badly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 09:23:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to shooting some state matches this coming year. I have five entries filled out and in the envelopes ready for the postman.
Outlaw Jedi Gunfighter #322