Author Topic: Oakridge planning to shoot this Saturday?  (Read 1097 times)

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
Oakridge planning to shoot this Saturday?
« on: January 05, 2021, 06:14:25 PM »
weather looks tolerable  for saturday Slow Jen and i would like to shoot, what is the word on the street?

Jackalope

• View Profile
Re: Oakridge planning to shoot this Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 06:44:28 PM »
I expect so.  At least I haven't heard otherwise.
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 07:16:38 PM »
Yes we are shooting this Saturday, looks pretty good for the weather and I would not miss a chance to tell stories about Preacher Red and other stories as the come up.

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:09 PM »
What time is the safety meeting this Saturday?

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 09:25:47 PM »
Howdy Mongo,

Generally, we try to begin with the pledge by 9:30. Look forward to seeing you & wife.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 05:19:10 PM »
Howdy,

The snow was a no show. The shoot will go on as scheduled. See y'all in the morn.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 07:34:40 PM »
We came, we saw, we shot. We had a lot of fun. Yes it was cold. It was great to see some folks that had not been out for a long time.

Cactus Red was there...I know it is hard to believe. My good friend Badlands Beck came to play. Cant believe he picked this match to make his comeback. It was worth the cold to see both of them on the range again. Sam Buca and Cumberland Mtn John made it. And of course Fast Harley was there because that is the kind of cowboy he is. Jim Powder and Lil Weasel came down from the great North, Picket and Hurricane Charlie from the south, Thank you Slow Jen for adding a single rose amongst all us thorns.Yohonn(sp) was there, I have left the regulars off of the list but I will try, Long Shot Luther, Long Wolf, Uncle Ethan Kid Ziggy, Trapper John, Snuffy and his long guns, Steely Eye Justice, our leader Keystone. And lets not miss my bartender, the great Barkeep Cassy, hard to have a drink down south without his help. Some of us dont have the sense to stay out of the cold. Dang I hope I did not forget anyone, if I did I am very sorry.

Thanks to everyone for the effort and the fun we had today. Keystone, thanks for the leadership, we need guidance.

Stage 6 was beyond fun. I am sure it will not be considered in the overall scoring but it was a hoot conveying what Preacher Red was all about. Folks that had never met him was totally in the spirit and got a feeling of what Preacher Red was all about. All of us had a "P" on that stage.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:08:18 PM by Tombstone »

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 09:38:23 PM »
What I learned, today: That we had a lot of fun, but we had to do it the hard way. That it is good to share
time with old friends, and new ones in spite of the weather. That it is good and proper to honor those who
have passed.

Also that some of my firearms are close tolerance and DO NOT like the cold. Neither do I.....Oh, and case
gauge all shotgun shells, new or reloads!

Heard today: Some great lines, some not repeatable here, perhaps, but this one: Tombstone said, (and
forgive me if it's not exactly right,) " If you think 20 was bad, wait till she turns 21!"
Harley.