Author Topic: Tempory Ramrod Needed  (Read 2045 times)

Tombstone

• View Profile
Tempory Ramrod Needed
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »
The Tennessee State Match is the same weekend as our match next month. Keystone is committed to other adventures and a lot of us are going to the TN State Match. We are looking for someone to Ramrod the October match. Right now Cactus Red is looking at coming to Wartrace to camp but not shoot and drive back to Oak Ridge Saturday morning to work our match. I really hope that is not necessary, so who out there can put out blankets, raise a flag, lower a flag, collect scores and a few other things that will need to be done on Saturday?
We will put the buckets together on Sunday Set-up and even make sure there is water in the coolers, (you might want to pick up some ice, club will pay you back)
We really need some pards to step up and pitch in so Cactus can shoot the TN State and not just drive back and forth. We will be looking for volunteers on Saturday so Keystone can stop worrying and the rest of us can relax a little too.

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
Re: Tempory Ramrod Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »
Tombstone,

I can be available on that date to help out, not sure I know all the ropes to Ramrod but let me know what I can do.
Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
We can use the help but I think we should let you get your feet on the ground before we throw you to the wolfs. Dont miss the next election though with that great attitude. Thats pretty much how I was elected for 6 or 7 years.

This will be Keystones call but right now it is falling to Cactus. There are a lot of members who have been shooting with us for a long time that can step in without any trouble. We can talk about it Saturday.

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 06:57:29 AM »
I am willing to fill in. Just let me know all that I will need to do.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:42:21 AM »
Uncle Ethan,

Tombstone has a good point however let me know what time I can be there on the 14th - I should be able to assist you.  I will be out of state for the Sunday Set Up but should be at the Tuesday shoot assuming there is one.

Sheriff L.
Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 11:23:37 AM »
We can talk about this on Saturday. There are a few folks who have been with us for a long time that we hope to talk to and thanks to both of you for your interest.

We really need new blood at the leadership level, Keystone has severed twice now and I ran it for about 7 years straight so burn out is always possible. I love the interest from the newer members but we would rather start you out learning the ropes and work you up through the ranks. One of the big things is keeping up with the rules and knowing all the rules from memory if at all possible. You also need to be familiar with the ORSA rules.

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 03:27:43 PM »
OK Tombstone just let me know if there is anything I can do.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 03:44:45 PM »
Ditto Uncle Ethan's comment.
Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Jackalope

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
...rather start you out learning the ropes and work you up through the ranks. One of the big things is keeping up with the rules and knowing all the rules from memory if at all possible. You also need to be familiar with the ORSA rules.

To piggy-back on this...we really, really need to have a local RO training event.  There are a number of folks who can benefit from RO classes...new-ish and old-ish folks alike. 

Jackalope
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 09:41:45 PM »
I Agree many times over.

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 04:12:01 PM »
I would like to be a part of that program if you launch it.  If only to get a better grasp of the discipline. I have been an ORSA member for more than 2 years and am pretty familiar with their rules and regulations.

Down the road, if the need is there, I would like to contribute as a range officer, I realize that is way in the future

Sheriff L.
Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger