Author Topic: FS SS OMV Rugers .38-40/.40 SW SOLD PF  (Read 690 times)

TN Mongo

• View Profile
FS SS OMV Rugers .38-40/.40 SW SOLD PF
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:15:31 PM »
These are a pair of Special Edition (black box) Ruger OMV,  5 1/2” barrels, stainless steel, .38-40s with  extra .40 SW cylinders.  They feature custom black Water Buffalo grip panels and short stroking by Curly Bill Kelly.

I traded for these when I had a .38-40 rifle.  I no longer have the rifle and these pistols have become “safe queens”.  These are very “low mileage” pistols in perfect shape.  I put a few test rounds through the .38-40 cylinders and I shot about 6 matches with the .40 SW cylinders.  With a 140 gr. bullet and a light load, they shoot like .38s.  I really like the pistols, but I’m a .38 guy.

I’m going to ask $2000 on the national wire for the pair because of the rarity, the condition, the dual cylinders, and the custom work. 

Before I list them nationally I thought I’d mention them locally.  I’m open to a trade or offer from a local shooter.  I’m in the market for a set of Colts and I need room in the gun safe. 

These pistols will not last long on the national wire.  Pictures are available on request.   
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:02:38 PM by TN Mongo »