Author Topic: April 13 Match Scores!  (Read 1154 times)

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
April 13 Match Scores!
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:13:08 PM »
The scores are on the website here

Congrats to Ringer - Match Winner!!

Also congrats to our clean shooters:
Jackalope
Fast Harley

Major Kettle Hill

• View Profile
Re: April 13 Match Scores!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
GREAT match to observe. Glad to see everyone again and for the first time. BIG Thanks to Long Wolf for the ride to the event.

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »
Congrats to Ringer, he shot a fine match. Way to go Harley & Jackalope the only clean match shooters. It was good to see Preacher Red, Major Kettle Hill, River Jordan, Yuma Trueheart, Feather Dancer & Dusty Dollar. Really appreciate the folks from near & far who came to shoot on a day with threatening skies. Of course we are fortunate to have folks step up and put the match together, Horse Doc, Jackalope, Anita & Cactus. Let’s also remember the non- shooters who assisted with post match food service, Maureen, Suzan & Henrietta.

Thanks to Y’all,
Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Hurricanecharly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:56:04 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS  RINGER, SHOT FAST AND SMART!
I second everything Keystone said, and will add SlowJen and I enjoyed it!

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 09:42:28 PM »
I really enjoyed today's match. When L.K. and I started this game there were more props in the shed
than targets! Well, at least good targets. As the SASS game began to get wildly popular it soon became
clear that you could not do those matches for big numbers of shooters. Little by little, "Old School" went
away. I would not want to see it return completely to that sort of match, however, I think it is good to
on occasion, to revisit those days, if nothing else to show newer shooters that when we tell these stories
(of those days of yesteryear,) it's not like your, uh, great grandfather telling of their encounters with
hoop snakes. (You may have to look that up.) ;D
Thanks all, Harley.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:02:27 PM by Fast Harley »

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 09:52:01 PM »
Good food good friends with a little shootin thrown in. It doesn't get any better.
Now where did I put my stool?  ::)

Loco Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 09:52:58 PM »
Congratulations to Ringer on top shot and Jackalope and Fast Harley on shooting clean. I had a great time today. The old school stuff is what got me interested in cowboy action to begin with. Thanks to all involved in making this happen.

Sudden Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 11:00:06 AM »
Thank you Oakridge Outlaws and all the good folks that helped put on yesterday’s match.  Nice every once in a while to go back to revisit the Old School matches.  Poor “Bob” still can’t catch a break.  It was a great way to spend a Saturday.  Thanks again.

Sam

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 02:14:54 PM »
Jackalope, you did a GREAT job with the stages.  They were fun and very creative.  Let's do this more often..but take Bob to the ER first.
It was a great day to play Cowboys after 5 months without a gun in my hand.  Thanks again for all the fun!!  Sam Buca

leadhead

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »
my first time shooting what everyone calls old school, I like it. Congrats to the fast guys and gals and thanks to the folks that did the set up.

Jackalope

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 07:41:31 AM »
It's fun to have a match like this...occasionally.   :)

...thanks to the folks that did the set up.

I had intended to publicly thank those folks who take time out of their Sunday to come out to help set our matches up.  I won't name names as I might leave somebody out, but you all know who you are and you have my gratitude.  Thanks so much.

Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018