Author Topic: THE GAME  (Read 575 times)

Fast Harley

• View Profile
THE GAME
« on: March 22, 2020, 10:19:11 AM »
I miss "The Game," and the thought of "The Game." (As Cowboy Action Shooting has much been called.)
While it's true, due to many issues, I and Last Kiss in particular have not been shooting remotely as much
as we used to. However, even when I knew something was going to keep me from the next match, I've
done this for so long I always was looking toward the weekend with the game in mind. You see, the Game
was always there. If I didn't attend, there were still scores, (used to be newsletters,) and conversation on
the forums.
Sadly, the Game was already in decline. For now, it is gone.
We can't know what the future holds, but we don't need to let these forums sit idle. When humans get used
to not doing something, they quit doing whatever it was. Case in point: Riding, (motorcycles,) used to be me.
Now I don't have time, she can't ride, etc., etc.
If we all pass through this evil time for the world, our CAS numbers will be smaller, I'm sure.
If you think of anything to breathe life into our fantasy world of cowboy shooting, say it, online, or on the phone
to someone. Old pictures, or video. Anything. What your goals or dreams for future matches are...
Stay safe and carry on.
Harley.  8)

Mister Badly

• View Profile
Outlaw Jedi Gunfighter #322

Mister Badly

• View Profile
Re: THE GAME
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 07:37:18 PM »
That is a facebook page which
 collects info on all Florida SASS clubs and their matches. Most of those clubs have their own facebook pages and many post  videos of their matches. I know it takes a lot of work to do that and I am not saying anyone else should do it. If I can learn enough and get club approval I might try set one up later this year.
Outlaw Jedi Gunfighter #322

Ocoee Red

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 09:56:54 AM »
While everyone is bored sitting home and it's still monsoon season, I've put on a  few pictures and will continue to do so on the Ocoee Rangers forum to pass the time some,

http://ocoeerangers.com/forums/index.php?topic=8377.0

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:29:28 AM »
During these dark times I realize that the Game is just that, however, the bond we all share
in the CAS world is real. The hugs, and the handshakes, the conversations were 50% of it, the
joy of cowboy competition was 50% of it, and once upon a time the after match relaxation in
one form or another was 50% of it. (Sometimes three times as long as the match.) The simple
joy of being together is now in hiatus. Plus it's always good to have an alias...
Hopefully light at the end of the tunnel.
Harley.
Wait. Is there anything wrong with my math?

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »
I have always told the folks who come watch that we shoot for about 3 hours and then go somewhere and talk about it for 4 hours.