Author Topic: Delta Desperado Joins the Heavenly Posse  (Read 201 times)

TN Mongo

• View Profile
Delta Desperado Joins the Heavenly Posse
« on: October 18, 2023, 02:09:46 PM »
Delta Desperado (George "Buz" Morrow III) died this past Saturday (10/14/2023).  Buz grew up in Yazoo City Mississippi.  He was a star defensive end on the University of Mississippi football team.  He earned All American Honors and was Archie Manning's roommate.  He went on to play with the Minnesota Vikings for a number of years.

I knew Buz from football and golf where we were opposing coaches.  I talked him into cowboy shooting years ago.  Buz was never a great shooter, but he really enjoyed the sport and the other shooters he met.

Buz's health started to deteriorate a few years ago after a heart attack followed by a stroke.  He recovered from those ailments and tried to shoot with us a couple of times, but he stopped because he felt unsafe.  His health took a turn for the worse about a year ago, and he never quite recovered.

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
Re: Delta Desperado Joins the Heavenly Posse
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 03:36:14 PM »
Sounds like he was quite a guy. Sorry to here of his passing.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 03:52:59 PM »
Sorry to learn of his passing. He was a pleasant & friendly cowboy. Condolences to his family & friends.

Vaya con Dios Amigo,
Keystone

Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 06:40:09 PM »
Sorry to hear this.  I remember him as a nice and friendly guy.

AM