Author Topic: Rule Revision Vote  (Read 865 times)

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
Re: Rule Revision Vote
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 05:10:36 PM »
Randy brings up a good question. We hear it all the time, this or that stage favors gunfighter or traditional style. So with that said, looks like if you could shoot any style during a match, you would have an advantage over someone who just shoots one style.
My original post on this was in favor with the idea of allowing Juniors to try different styles. B Western can do this. Why is this?
There are two offical shooting style categories, duelist and gunfighter, but looks like duelist style can be shot in the age based categories.  Why?
From the TG notes it was considered to let you shoot gunfighter in any age based categories. I haven't been around long enough to know the answers. I know safety was a big consideration when gunfighter came around.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Mister Badly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 08:57:06 PM »
Why not allow all age groups to do it? Some one or some people at the TG meeting at EOT thought it might dilute or do away with the Gunfighter category. One of them threw that out in a reply to me on the wire. It wasn't safety because they would allow teenagers to do it. But they can already shoot Gunfighter in the Gunfighter category. So I guess it's all about juniors being able to win buckles. I just think it's a dumb rule and if it needs to be changed do it for everyone.
Outlaw Jedi Gunfighter #322

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2023, 08:43:01 AM »
I've thought about this some more and my vote remains NO, Juniors should not be allowed to shoot gunfighter style in their age-based category. 

I also do not believe gunfighter style should be allowed in any age-based category.

AM

Jackalope

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 10:07:38 AM »
Gunfighter style should not be allowed in ANY age-based category.  If a junior has the ability to shoot gunfighter, they should sign up for gunfighter category if that's the style they prefer.  And, yes.  They might have to compete with Lefty, Wil, Billy and all those other hot rods, just like when they turn 17.

For that matter, in my opinion, gunfighter style should not be allowed in B-Western, either.  I've never seen any competitive shooter decide that gunfighter style was an advantage over shooting any stage two-handed. 

As far as the smoke standard issue is concerned, I'm not convinced we're getting the entire story on this.  If the new standard will be based on volume or weight of substitute BP, I vote NO.  If the new standard will be based on the apparent "equivalence" of smoke/visual obstruction, then it really doesn't matter if the smoke is caused by real v. synthetic BP.  From a match director point of view, what are the specifics?  Weighed powder charges?  What standard will be used to determine that x grains of APP is equal to y grains of Goex FFg?  I'll vote NO on this until the details are clearly explained.

Jackalope, who is unlikely to be accused of not making enough smoke.
Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7
Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation
2010, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2018

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2023, 09:30:35 PM »
Jackalop, of all the things I am sure of and will stand behind, your loads will never be questioned.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2023, 08:20:02 AM »
I will be at the match on Saturday to take a vote on these issues, however, reading the commits here it looks like

No on GF in Jr catagory
No on Smoke factor until it is cleared (pun intended) up on some questions.

Is that about right. There is a long thread on the SASS forum about the smoke factor.

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 02:40:34 PM »
Sounds right to me