Author Topic: TG Summit  (Read 1246 times)

Tombstone

• View Profile
TG Summit
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »
RESULTS

To pass, an item must receive 66% of the votes For. Less than 66% and more than 50%,

means the item failed but can be re-introduced and the next TG Summit as an agenda item.

1) Should the rules be changed to allow the inclusion of "sub-gauge" shotguns such as 28 and 32 gauge for Buckaroos/Buckarettes?

For 99.63%   Against .037   Abstain 00.0%   PASS

2) Should the MSV for retrieval of dropped/ejected ammo be deleted?

For 88.56%   Against 11.07%  Abstain .37%  PASS

3) Should the equipment regulations for GUNFIGHTER-style shooters be changed to allow the "butt forward" carry/Cavalry "twist" draw?

For 83.76%   Against 16.24%   Abstain 00.0%

4) Should the penalty for not holstering revolvers at the end of the revolver shooting string be changed from a MSV to a Procedural penalty?

For 85.61%  Against 14.39%   Abstain

All voted on items passed, if you show up with two butt forward pistols Last Kiss and I will have to see your draw to see if you sweep folks or not.
Also did not vote on the cease fire ruling. They are going to clean up the language in the existing rules.

Jim Mayo

• View Profile
Re: TG Summit
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
Thanks Tombstone!

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »
Sure glad the "dropped round" penalty is gone.  I always hated calling that on people.

Is anyone thinking about trying the "cavalry draw"?  Sounds like a good way to add a second or two to your times (!) but the style points might be worth it. 

Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong, but seems like it would be uncomfortable to your wrists to sweep others, but pretty easy to sweep yourself.  Not that that is illegal, but just sayin' .... keep those fingers off the triggers.

AM

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »
Howdy,

I'm in agreement with Anita. Butt forward holsters & the Cavalry twist draw my yield "style points" but the correct execution is slow & challenging.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 11:12:42 AM »
I just learned of these two videos of Pale Wolf demonstrating the two ways to do a "Cavalry draw":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5P-fcifBNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkJ2hBUh84I

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 01:26:59 PM »
That looks fast :o
Think I have enough style points already