Author Topic: Scores and Photos from Dec 8 shoot are available  (Read 1576 times)

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
Scores and Photos from Dec 8 shoot are available
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:27:26 PM »
They are on the website.

Thanks for coming out today!  It turned out to be a beautiful day.

AM

Keystone

• View Profile
Re: Scores and Photos from Dec 8 shoot are available
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:43:58 AM »
Yeehaa,

Sure was a wonderful day to be out on the range shooting & being cowboys. The weather was a tad chilly at 10:00am but warmed up nicely. The stages were straight forward and targets shootable. Well, maybe the experiment on stage 2 was a little extreme. The small posse worked efficiently thru six stages and we were on the road before 1:00pm. Thanks Anita & Jackalope !!

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »
Keystone and everyone else, thanks for putting up with the experiment. 

For those wondering, we shot stage 1 at typical modern SASS distances.  The pistol targets were large and 5 yards away and the rifle were small circles at 11 yards.  SG were in-between.  Then for stage 2 we just moved the table back to make those 11 yard pistol targets, 17 yard rifle targets and 13-ish yard SG. 

Results: Generally the raw stage times ran about 6-7 seconds slower on stage 2 - some of that due to SG makeups.  (I left two shooters out of the calculations due to problems not related to the stage).  Half of the shooters were clean on both stages.  The other half went from clean to 1 or more miss.

Those who were there can tell you what they thought of the two.  I'll just tell you that I promise not to do it again...   :)

AM

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:13:05 PM »
Thanks for a great day at the range. I through the experiment went very well, since i shot faster at the greater distance.  ;D
Still slower than most.

Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp