Author Topic: Preacher Red and the Silver Beaver  (Read 2298 times)

CACTUSRED

• Cactus & Bullet
    • View Profile
Preacher Red and the Silver Beaver
« on: February 14, 2016, 05:51:03 PM »
For everyone that knows Preacher Red, most of you know he has been involved with Boy Scouts his entire life.
The Great Smoky Mountain Council will honor Frank Jennings (Preacher Red) and others with the Silver Beaver Award.
As far as I know, this is the highest honor the council can award.  In scouts, silver is higher that gold.
This is a banquet and award ceremony.

About the award:
The Silver Beaver Award is the council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients of this award are registered adult leaders who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the council.[1] The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self-sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service. It is given to those who do not actively seek it.

Particulars:
Time: 6:30pm (Starts promptly so be early)
Day: March 4th
Place: Rothchilds (8807 Kingston Pike)
Cost: $30 before February 26th ($40 after that)

I plan to dress cowboy.
Hope to see some of you there,
Cactus
Outlaw & Imperial Gunfighter

Fast Harley

• View Profile
Re: Preacher Red and the Silver Beaver
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:33:46 AM »
Scouting has had an important role in the lives of many, and for many years our Preacher Red has
been a part of that. It is great that he is being recognized by his peers.
Harley.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:13:19 AM »
Lady T and I plan to attend this event. Hope to see many more cowboys there. Preacher Red was and still is a major part of our club back when we were getting our feet wet.

River Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 04:31:37 PM »
I wish I could be there.

River

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:10:02 AM »
Howdy,

Stopped by the BSA office yesterday and purchased tickets for Deb & myself. Look forward to celebrating with Preacher Red.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
Maureen & I will be there.  Bought our tickets a few weeks ago.   Preacher Red was my mentor when I started "playing" cowboys and still is a special person in my life...Sam Buca

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 04:11:31 PM »
It looks like I will have an extra ticket for tonight if anyone neglected to buy one early. I will be glad to part with it if someone wants it.

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 09:24:09 PM »
Congratulations Preacher Red on the occasion of receiving the Silver Beaver Award !
He has been a adult volunteer in Scouting for 47 years. Way to go Frank (Preacher Red)!!

A few of us cowboys and cowgirls filled a table at the BSA awards Banquet. Emcee was Don Dare and a few notable special award winners; President Emeritus of UT Dr. Joe Johnson (Eagle Scout Honoree), Senator Lamar Alexander (Eagle Scout Alumnus of the Year) and businessman Sam Furrow (Silver Beaver Award).

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel