Author Topic: Norinco/AIC 1897  (Read 1307 times)

Sheriff Langston

• View Profile
Norinco/AIC 1897
« on: November 30, 2017, 08:07:29 PM »
Anyone in the market for a reproduction Winchester 97 may want to look at this. I ordered this one to "replace" my real circa 1913 genuine version primarily because it has a 30" barrel, but does shoot well.  I could not bring myself to shorten the barrel.

I took ownership today and it though used, appears to be close to 100% condition.  It has Norinco stamped on it, the only aesthetic I don't like is the very large lettering on one side denoting shell size and the importer.  The walnut is what I would call almost blonde in hue.

Not sure if I can put auction links on here so do a search for "Norinco M97" on Gun Broker.  They appear to have several.  It was $300.00 plus around $30.00 shipping.

The reason I am posting this I had a tough time finding one, thought I may save anyone else some time.

I'll have with me at ORSA at the setup on Sunday and the shoots on Tuesday and Saturday.  May even hit a target or two :)

Sheriff Langston.

Sheriff Langston
SASS # 106047
Outlaw Long Ranger

Keystone

• View Profile
Re: Norinco/AIC 1897
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »
Howdy,

Congratulations on your purchase. Should serve you well. If your IAC "97 needs any work contact Curly Bill. He keeps Widder's many shotguns in service.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel