Author Topic: Theme of Old School Match  (Read 7056 times)

Sudden Sam

• View Profile
Re: Theme of Old School Match
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 06:07:55 PM »
Great match today.  'Thank you' to Jackalope and every Oak Ridge Outlaw that made this match possible.

Sam

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 06:26:42 PM »
Bob remained unlucky and brought rain with him.  Good job Jackalope, it was fun, but I wouldn't want to do this every month.  Reloading on the clock sucks as much as I remember.

At least the cantina was dry and had lots of delicious adult beverages and some so-so Mexican food. ;D ;D

River Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 10:36:11 PM »
I had a blast today. I think we should do this every time there is a fifth Saturday. A big thank you to Jackalope for putting this one together.

I think we should do this every time there is a FIFTH STAGE ----  as in every month

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 11:17:46 PM »
Well,

It was an entertaining match & very creative. Having it as a fifth Saturday match was a good idea. Next April has a fifth Saturday as well. Might also work for the next SMSS Reunion Match. Thank you Jackalope & Anita.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 07:09:36 AM »
Just a news update for all.  Bob managed to make it over for a few drinks with everyone after the match.  He said he is feeling much better.  I forget the number of stiches he told me he had to get in order to plug up all the holes he was leaking from.  He said the "snake bite" anti-venom that many of us purchased for him also helped.  Bob commented that he wouldn't mind coming to another match in the future, under different circumstances.  ;)

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 06:20:18 PM »
I'm glad that people had a good time.  At least the folks who started shooting more recently can now say that they have had to cut a deck of cards to determine which targets to shoot, dig their shotshells out of a bucket of beans, reload both their pistols and rifle on the clock, ride a stick horse, shoot sitting down (if they wanted), throw horseshoes on the clock and, of course, help poor Bad Luck Bob with his medical emergency.  (Bob is now resting comfortably in the shed.)

I have a few photos showing the activities, but not as many as I would like.  If anyone has a couple good ones, feel free to email them to me and I'll put them on the website.  (anita_margarita@ymail.com)  Thanks!

AM

Loco Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
Anita I posted a video of me on each stage on YouTube. The channel is mylocojoe if any body needs a good laugh.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 02:19:04 PM »
Cool videos, Loco Joe.  But I've just gotta ask....  Did you know that the gun order on Stage 5 (the Loco the horse stage) was both long guns, THEN run downrange for the pistols?  I saw that you ran downrange to the barrel to shoot the pistols and then came back uprange to the shotgun.  This was not the way the stage was written - no stage writer would ever ask a shooter to run back uprange during a stage.  Were the stage instructions not clear to the posse? Did other shooters do it this way?

AM

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 03:07:21 PM »
Looken good Joe. If she took any videos of the other shooters, let us know. I for one wouldn't mine of of me being posted.
I have tried to include a link to your on you tube. Don't know if it will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY7naRki27Y
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:03:49 PM by Uncle Ethan »
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Loco Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 04:03:14 PM »
Anita after watching the videos again there was a few more that shot the same way I did. Stage instructions were shooters choice of guns .  Now you know why they call me Loco.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 06:53:55 PM »
Stage instructions said you could start with either the rifle or shotgun, then after both long guns are shot, ride Loco to barrel and shoot pistols.  Something got lost in the reading of it, I guess.