Author Topic: Oak Ridge Outlaw Old School Match  (Read 6950 times)

Ocoee Red

• View Profile
Re: Oak Ridge Outlaw Old School Match
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 04:04:24 PM »
Well,

Heck Jackalope, you have been amongst us long enough to understand the panic when something new is introduced. You know, the Henny Penny Syndrome. Speaking of chickens, just be sure Mongo leaves his sweetheart chickens at home. I believe last time Too Tall kind of fancied them. Or was that Ocoee Red who was envious of Mongo.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

It certainly was not me!

Ocoee Red

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »
Jackalope, the critter is hibernating in the back cargo area (Kitty Kat wouldn't relinquish "shotgun").

Keystone, funny you should mention the MDR chickens.  I was just holding one of them that day, Red did things with one of them that's illegal in 27 states.  I was talking to Kitty Kat this morning about writing a match for Cleveland about the return of the MDR chickens.

Where is your evidence Mongo? Witnesses?

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 09:32:52 PM »
I speak the truth.  Certain images are burned into my brain.  There was a whole posse of witnesses, but like many other "crimes" that have occurred in this area, no one wants to step forward.

I did have film of the whole incident, but the DVD was stored in the back of Barkeep's truck and it just seemed to disappear - just like his keys. :P :P

Ocoee Red

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 11:45:06 AM »
Heresay. No evidence, no witnesses, the glove doesn't fit, no jail time.  ;D

Hand me a beer, next shooter.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:41:33 PM by Ocoee Red »

TN Mongo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »
I do have a signed affidavit from a Festus D. Deputy as to your guilt.  We have passed the statute of limitations so you have nothing to worry about. ;) ;)

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 07:49:07 AM »
Well, I went by setup on Tuesday and Jackalope bounced some of the stages off of me since I would not be there. All I can say is WOW. Sure wish I was going to be there (not enough to give up SC State) but talk about fun. Wish I could have a video with sound for this one.

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 09:12:42 AM »
I hope people take this match in the spirit in which it was created.  We tried to put in a variety of off-the-wall things we used to see in matches without making anything physically demanding (you will NOT be shooting prone from under a stage coach or laying a in bathtub!). 

We had a lot of fun remembering stuff we had to do ... in big annual matches even! ... and picking out some to pack into these 5 stages.   

AM

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »
I am planning on being there on Saturday. Hope to get to the range on Friday to knock off some of the rust. Haven't shot since December. I am thinking of maybe shooting traditional with having to reload and layoff from shooting. Any chance in posting the stages to give us an idea as what to expect? 
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 11:07:10 AM »
Jackalope may or may not be giving some clues over the next couple days, but the shooting parts of the stages are pretty standard.  Reloads are really the only specifically shooting-related oddity that one could practice for -  So we wanted to let people know about that ahead of time.

Duelist or traditional, the easiest reload method is the same: Pull first gun, put round in empty hole, close loading gate, shoot six. Repeat with other gun.  (You can have your ammo staged on the table.)

AM

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »
Thanks Anita
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp